Select Small Hotels’ Privacy Philosophy
At Select Small Hotels, the privacy and protection of personal data is treated with the utmost seriousness. Our privacy statement sets out the data protection practices currently in place within the company. This statement applies to all Select Small Hotels-branded websites.
We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003. Specifically, we state that we will:
* Obtain and process information fairly;
* Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose;
* Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes;
* Keep it safe and secure;
* Keep it accurate, complete and up to date;
* Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive;
* Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes; and
* Provide an individual with a copy of his/her personal data on their written request.
We May Collect When you access our website, visit one of our restaurants, or stay in one of our hotels, you may provide us voluntarily with certain information about yourself (“personally identifiable information”) so we are able to provide you with a particular service. Such information may include but is not limited to details such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, passport number, room preference, names and ages of children, gender and other lifestyle information that will assist us in personalizing your stay.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
Information we collect on the website and throughout your stay may be used to enhance your experience in the following ways:
* Confirm your reservations;
* E-mail you in advance of your stay to make preparations;
* Request your evaluation of a restaurant or hotel via a satisfaction survey;
* Send you correspondence relating to your hotel stay;
* Bill your credit card for Advance Purchase Reservations and Advance Deposits;
* Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests;
* Communicate special offers and news of Select Small Hotels to you, if you choose to receive such notices;
* To understand your needs and preferences, maintaining a record so we can better serve and surprise and delight our guests;
* To add to our guest profile information so no matter where you travel within the Select Small Hotels family, you will be recognized; and
* To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Guest Satisfaction Surveys
We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and continually improve the quality of service and product provided in our properties. As such, customer comments and feedback are highly valued and an essential tool to our business. We randomly survey guests and request an evaluation of all aspects of your hotel stay. These surveys are sent via e-mail. If you do not wish to be contacted for satisfaction surveys, please advise the hotel either at check-in, during your stay, or via the link at the bottom of the survey invitation e-mail you receive. You may also contact email@example.com.
When making a reservation or upon checking into a hotel, you have the opportunity to opt in to receive periodic communications regarding special promotions and offers from Select Small Hotels. If you have chosen to receive them, you may opt to stop receiving these e-mails at anytime, via the link at the bottom of the email you receive or by contacting Select Small Hotels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When and With Whom May We Share Your Information
In most cases, the information you provide is added to a local database and then uploaded to a global database for Select Small Hotels. In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your information to other properties within Select Small Hotels, their affiliates and/or third party service providers for the purposes outlined within this Privacy Statement. As a general practice, Select Small Hotels does not sell, rent, or give physical possession of your information to unaffiliated third parties outside Select Small Hotels. The parties that information is shared with are contractually prohibited from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for the purpose specified by Select Small Hotels.
This site uses the Secure Sockets Layer protocol to protect your online transaction. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the internet. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that is designed to prevent tampering or message forgery. Your credit card number is also “one-way” encrypted as it enters our databases. We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and credit card information secure. We will not be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of unauthorized access by a third party to the information transmitted by you when making reservations at our website.
Cookie Usage and Storage
We do not store any personal or traceable customer information in the cookies that we use. Additionally, all our cookie data is encrypted to prevent third parties from accessing the information they contain. Each cookie we set lasts only for the duration of each visit.